Friday, March 12, 2010

How can I clear a default from my credit report?

I live in the uk and am having trouble in getting credit, so I got my credit report and I have a default on there from a credit company and it says the default date was 31st march 2004, then it says that the default satisfied date was 4th december 2006, so does this mean that the default is no longer valid? And if so how can I get this taken off?

How can I clear a default from my credit report?
you have to send a letter to the credit reporting company and the company that put the acct on your credit requesting it be removed from your report. Should take 60 days.
Reply:you send a letter to the credit agency (equifax,trans union ect)and tell them this is not your debt blah blah blah.they will in turn send a letter to the company and ask them if it is a valid charge.they have 30 days to respond to the letter -if they dont it will be taken off your credit report. usually it is to much trouble for them to respond so they dont. my friend got 10,000 dollars of credit card debt off her credit doing this.her credit was valid but because the companies didnt respond she got it all taken off!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive