Sunday, March 14, 2010

Can you have inquires removed from your credit report?

I was wondering if you can have inquires removed from your credit report. I recieved a copy of mine and my wife's credit report and there have been 75 inquires in the last 360 days. I know that too many affect your credit score.




Can you have inquires removed from your credit report?
If the inquires are "Hard" inquires and you did not initiate them you can dispute it with the credit agencies. However, I would also look real close at your report and make sure someone is not trying to open up credit in your name. If you did initiate these you need to stop applying for credit, generally 1 or 2 won't hurt every couple of months but an average of 6 a month is hurting your score.





I've found some helpful info here too:





http://credit-report-score.10001mb.com





Hope that helps.



Reply:Why not contact the company who sent the copies of your credit reports and ask them if they can have the inquirers removed by them? Hope my answer was helpful?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive