Sunday, March 14, 2010

Do I have to send my entire credit report to dispute?

I know we should send a credit report while disputing something from the bureaus but do we have to send the entire report. I have a 16 page report !! LOL yes 16 pages and want to know if I should just copy the page that contains the incorrect information or copy the entire report.





Please note, I’m asking this because through my experience credit bureaus love to prolong the process by stating there isn't enough information and I need to submit additional documents.





Sorry, but please answer if you're certain of the answer :-)





Thanks in advance!

Do I have to send my entire credit report to dispute?
You don't need to send a copy of your report to dispute something. You just have to reference the line item. If you feel it will help expedite the process, just send a copy of the page with the item.





You know you can actually do the dispute online. You don't have to send it via regular mail. I've seen where some people say to send disputes to the credit bureaus via certified mail but that's pretty much a waste for an initial dispute.
Reply:you don't have to send a copy of your report to the Agencies to Dispute. There should be a report number at the top


of the page and then you list the Creditor information


that you are disputing. I have never sent a copy of my


report


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive