Sunday, October 11, 2009

How is a Bank Of America Secured Card reported as on a credit report?

I just finished paying all my debts off but my credit score hasn't changed by one point these past 3 months. I'd like to get a secured card from Bank Of America but I hear that if they report it to the credit bureau as "secured", it will do nothing to boost my credit score.





Is this true? If so, what secure card can I get that will help me start rebuilding credit?

How is a Bank Of America Secured Card reported as on a credit report?
secured cards are reported as secure true. however, banks and other lenders look at your payment history on secured cards just as they would for any other card. Also, after a year with a secured credit card company, if you're not late and have a good payment history, you may get offered an unsecured card with that institution. I reccomend secured cards as a way to build up your credit history. Or also a secured loan. Your points will go up after 6 months on your score after you've cleared up an acct or accts. dont apply for too many credit cards for that will lower your score!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive