Saturday, October 24, 2009

Information on credit report after winning a lawsuit?

A junk debt company bought an ancient debt of mine and tried to sue me to pay them. I fought and won and they dismissed the case, but now I don't know what happens to the information on my credit report? This debt was listed twice, once from the original credit card company and again from the junk debt company. Does it truly disappear and do they need to remove the info from my credit report now?

Information on credit report after winning a lawsuit?
The reporting time is different from the legal fight. You said the debt was "ancient". That probably means it should not be on there anyway, given how old it is. Dispute both the original account and the JDB and see if they fall off.





Do not rely on the JDB or the creditor to fix your reports for you. They will leave that stuff on there unless you dispute it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive