Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Can I purchase a home after paying everyting on my credit report?

I want to payoff everything on my credit report so that my family and I can purchase a bigger home. How soon After I pay my credit off can my credit rating go up so that I can purchase our home?

Can I purchase a home after paying everyting on my credit report?
bad credit can effect your credit rating for 5 years if you've had court orders or defaults.





if you pay everything off you can get something from the credit agency confirming you are now clear with all your debtors but it depends on the mortgage company on whether they will still lend to you. especially at the moment lenders and being extra careful
Reply:This could be a problem if you are paying off collections that are more than 2 years old. By paying them, you reactivate them and make them paid collections from the last 2 years--these affect your score more negatively. It's possible that money could be better spent on other means to boost your score or only certain debts should be paid. If the debts are significant, you should consider debt settlement. If your score is really bad, you may need some form of credit repair/enhancement. I would recommend 2 things: 1) a very low cost (possibly free) credit repair program to try to have the negative items removed. 2) I would add a tradeline program to boost your score quickly (60 days or quite possibly less). A friend in California used this and got a 120 point bump from 560 to 680. My friend in California went through www.totaldebtsolutionsllc.com and called their toll free# or filled out the free evaluation form to get the ball rolling. Good luck.

lilac

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive