Wednesday, October 21, 2009

How long does it take for disputes to be erase from my credit report?

I had my checkbook stolen in 2001 and somehow four checks slipped by and showed up on my credit report last year. I've faxed the police report over to them and they said it will be removed, but does anyone know how long that takes? I need to get a loan ASAP, but I'm not sure if I can with this on my report... Thanks!

How long does it take for disputes to be erase from my credit report?
Been there and done it. Credit companies such as Experian, Equifax and Trans-union have up to 90 days to fix any errors you submit to them. Also get a copy of all three credit reports and check what else is on them. I had to put a fraud alert on mine cause someone was using my sons name but with my ss#.


All the fraud alert does, is if someone goes to make a large purchase over my predesignated dollar amount, the credit companies call me to verify if it me or a fraud.

azalea tree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive