Saturday, October 24, 2009

Can I add my real positive credit to my credit report if lender does not report it?

I just paid off a car through a lender that does not report to the credit bureau. I heard you can report it to the credit bureau, but I am not sure how. I have a copy of my payment history and contract, but not sure what all I will need and who to turn it in to?? Any suggestions?

Can I add my real positive credit to my credit report if lender does not report it?
You need to send a letter to the credit bureau asking them to add this line of credit to your report.





They will then have to contact the lender to verify the information.
Reply:If that lender does not report to a Credit Bureau, then it will not be added to your report. Lenders have to pay to have data recorded and updated, and many smaller lenders don't have the funds or technology to make it happen. The only thing you can do is keep this information and provide it to future lenders. There are still many banks or other lenders that accept "alternative credit". Just make sure your new lender does report to the Credit Bureaus, so you can start developing your credit score.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive