Friday, March 12, 2010

How do I prevent unauthorized inquiries into my credit report?

I checked my free credit report and noticed that there were a couple of unauthorized inquiries listed (I was out of the country and was not using or applying for anything.). Can I prevent this type of thing?

How do I prevent unauthorized inquiries into my credit report?
You may send a letter to all 3 credit bureaus and inform them that you want them to ask your permission before info is released. Your current creditors already have the right, and likely your employer does also.
Reply:You could put a temporary freeze on your credit report, but odds are that these inquiries were "soft" and to offer preapproved deals. Other than that, your creditors will often check your credit report to see if you've been late on your other payments as part of a "universal default" clause. (If you're late on one card, the rates can go up on all of your cards.)

myspaces.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive